Quinoa Salad with Grilled Chicken, Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh Cilantro

It's time for New Year's resolutions. This year among the ones I have, is trying to make my own lunches. I am not going to pretend I want them to be healthy, but my attempt is at home-made instead of cafe-purchased. The challenge is making them ahead of time, and...not forgetting them on the way to the office. Today's was a bright quinoa salad; that's perfect served at room temperature (a definite plus).

1/2 cup quinoa (uncooked)
1 grilled chicken breast
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp lime zest
salt + pepper

Cook quinoa in 1 cup of water, until the liquid fully simmers away, about 10 minutes. Add salt, pepper and lemon zest. Mix and add in the olive oil. Let cool to room temp. Mix cooled quinoa with tomatoes, sliced chicken and cilantro.
This salad, a cup of Greek yogurt, some berries and a dark chocolate truffle were perfect for lunch!

Comments

Popular Posts