Warm Octopus and Potato Salad

I have never made octopus. Saw these little baby ones at the fish market and really wanted to try. I like the result, but I don't think I'll be making them any time soon...and I am not usually squeamish. Let's just say the sight of tentacles moving wildly on the pan as the octopus is getting seared and they are "shrinking"..... I'll just order it in restaurants from now on.

1lb fresh baby octopus (fyi plural of octopus is apperantly not octopi)
6 baby potatoes
daikon radish sprouts
2 cloves of garlic
lemon
paprika
salt
pepper
vegetable oil
In hot oil, sear octopus on both sides for about 6 minutes.  Pour off the water if any builds up in the pan.  Set aside.

Roast quartered, salted potatoes.  Set aside.

In a little olive oil, roast slivered garlic and paprika.  Take off the heat as soon as garlic is starting to turn color. Add a little lemon juice.

Mix potatoes and octopus with the paprika oil.  Decorate with daikon radish and a slice of lemon.  Pour a little tangerine glaze over and serve warm  (I will post the tangerine glaze recipe shortly).

Comments

Popular Posts