Veal Osso Bucco in Strawberry Lambic and Maple Sauce

A little trip to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's and I ran out of refrigerator space. As any creative cook, I cleaned out by creating a dish that rid me of extra bottles / jars in exchange for the much needed space. In this case, a can of Calimyrna figs, remains of maple syrup, half a bottle of strawberry lambic opened the night prior and freshly purchased, gorgeous slice of veal osso bucco.
I pan roasted the tied, seasoned (with salt and pepper) veal to brown on all sides. Rested it on a bed of sliced onions in a baking pan. Drizzled with pan drippings, strawberry lambic (1/2 bottle), and maple syrup (about 4 tbsp). Threw in the tiny dry figs and covered with tin foil. After roasting covered at 375F for 1.5 hrs, I uncovered, drained the sauce, added seasoned potato wedges and sprayed them with olive oil. Another 25 minutes and we inhaled the very late dinner.

Comments

Evelina said…
This looks very good!

Popular Posts