Amuse Bouche

Nothing like a biting into a piece of jewelry, full of flavor... I love the concept of an amuse bouche. Perhaps because in many restaurants I've had the opportunity to try things that would have otherwise not been available on the menu. It's a great way to experiment with food, though if rewards are great, they are tiny.

My experiment today was to play with the flavor trees I've become fond of on a site I found several years ago (http://www.foodpairing.be/), which I've referred to time and again, in both agreement and disagreement on the "recommendations".
Pictured is a toasted apple, chicken pate, lemon basil and mustard sauce with a potato crisp. These are not typical flavors I'd throw together, however they balanced each other very nicely. I think depending on the flavors of all the ingredients this has a lot of potential of going very wrong too. Take a chance!



Comments

Popular Posts