Tomato Caper Bruschetta

I was about to crawl under a blanket in front of the TV and watch the latest recorded episode of House, when I decided the regular TV snacks won't do it for me tonight. I poured a glass of Tempranillo while patiently waiting for the french bread to toast and to load it with a heap of pungent smelling tomato mixture I chopped and mixed together. A few minutes later back on the couch, debating if I should have borrowed one of E's bibs, I knew I made the right choice of snack.


Tomato Caper Bruschetta

4 half-inch thick slices of french bread
5-6 small tomatoes, off the vine
2 tbsp julienned basil
1 tbsp small capers, drained
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp of sugar
salt
pepper

Toast the bread slices until edges are turning golden at 350F ( about 10 minutes). Chop tomatoes into cubes about 2 cm across. In a bowl mix tomatoes, with seeds, with basil, capers, balsamic and sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand for about 5 minutes for the flavors to combine. Place heaps of the mixture on the toasted bread and return to the oven for about 10 to 15 additional minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts